fbpx
HERNÁDVÉCSE – ROZSNYÓ – SZEPSI – HERNÁDVÉCSE

Hungarian Highlands

ROSZNYÓ 

1 hour 10 minutes – recommended visit duratio : 2 – 2.5 hours

Rozsnyó’s attraction is the Student Church, which was built by the order of Archbishop György Lippay in 1650, in the Baroque style; its fire tower with its tower clock has become a symbol of the city.
The Cathedral dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin was built in the Gothic style in the early 14th century but was rebuilt several times. One of its altarpieces is dates back to 1511.
The bishop’s palace was originally built for the headquarters of the Jesuits and received its current form during its 1777 transformation in the Louis XVI style. Additional attractions are the Franciscan Church and Monastery from 1733, the Lutheran Church, the Empire style town hall built in 1810, the 38 meter high watchtower built in the Renaissance style, and the Magdolna Spring whose medieval chapel is a pilgrimage destination.
The town square is the biggest medieval main square in Slovakia.

SZEPSI 

40 minutes – recommended visit duration: 1 hour

The Chapel of St. Roch was built in memory of the victims of the 1831 cholera outbreak and in honor of St. Roch and is located in the north of the city. A farewell mass is held in the chapel on the Feast of St. Roch each year in memory of the victims.
The Catholic parish church is a Neo-Classical, two-story building dating back to the 18th century. In a niche on the first floor level on the facade we can see the statue of St. John of Nepomuk. Another site of interesting is the Art Nouveau style Town Hall from the beginning of the 20th century which, with its original facade and steps, is monument building.

Back to Hernádvécse

45 minutes

Total trip time: 2 hours 55 minutes
Recommended total visit duration: cca. 3 – 3.5 hours
Recommended program plan: Departure after breakfast, arrival back to the hotel in the afternoon.